There’s a whole of construction jargon that most people would simply nudge off and care less than they intend to be. People would usually marvel at the spectacle of a finished product, not appreciating the beauty within the process. Nonetheless, this is a basic guide to eliminate the confusion people would usually have from hearing two distinct workers, a steel fixer and a steel erector.
What is a steel erector?
Steel erectors are the ones responsible for creating a sturdy and strong skeleton of an on-going construction project or a temporary one by installing and fixing together steel pipers, beam works and girders. Aside from this main function, he can also undertake any of the following roles for the completion of a project.
- Plan the layout of the infrastructure with the basis from the drawings of various engineering professionals before its assembly
- Perform work duties using scissor lifts and elevated platforms on high-level areas
- Lay metal decking
- Responsible for aligning all steel components through the use of tower cranes
- Level and align steelworks before securely bolting it
- Responsible for fitting all steelworks components by the engineer’s instruction
What is a steel fixer?
Meanwhile, steel fixers’ responsibility includes bending steel in compliance with the project designs and bar bending schedules. They also position and secure steel mesh and steel bars so that concrete constructions are reinforced. This process usually happens before cement is poured onto the reinforcing bars. Aside from this core function, he is also responsible for any of the following tasks.
- Tie rebars (reinforcement steel bars) into cages
- Utilize their expertise in building rebars for any casts that will later be used for setting concrete
- Engage in the physical aspect of the work like bending steel bars, lifting steel pieces, tying it and working at high-level areas
Although these processes are different and independent of each other, both of their functions are interrelated. If you are looking for a group of service providers and contractors that will provide you with safety-standards compliant, high-quality and aesthetically astounding, look no further. We, at Steel Fixing Melbourne, are more than glad to answer to any of your inquiries, concerns, and servicing needs wherever you are in Melbourne.
All you have to do is contact us through our posted contact information, and our customer service reps are on standby, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You’ll not only get top of the line service that will exceed your expectation, but you’ll also be glad to save some cash because we price our services accordingly and reasonably.